December 27, 2009

Christmas Ice and Power Outages

I hope everyone was able to have a very Merry Christmas.  My home area awoke to ice covering everything and massive amounts of power outages.  Many trees are gone, many were in the roads and across the power lines.  Many people are still without power.  Thankfully I live in an area that had power up and running by 10:30 am.  Our Christmas morning may have been missing lights on the trees and Christmas music in the background, but we lit candles and the kids were able to make out their gifts.  They are calling for more snow tonight, luckily just a dusting to up to 2", but it may be a while before we are able to thaw out completely.  I know the rivers and streams are full so I can only hope the ground can absorb some of this mess because I'm not sure we can handle flooding on top of the snow and ice.  Whatever is on the way, we can overcome it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment